joshua tree workshop 2018

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Solar Cooking with the Solavore Oven ("Moron's Meatloaf" recipe)


     So one thing I've always loved dabbling with- solar cooking. In fact, I own a few solar cookers, and again, we'll be bring them up for a demo (and for attendees to use) at "Tiny House Summer Camp 5" in Northern, Vermont. This is a fully HANDS-ON building and design workshop, with camping, guest speakers, live demos, several building projects we tackle as a team, a guest tiny house or two, cabin and tree house tours, bonfire discussions, and more!

If interested- you can check out the sign-up page HERE

Anyway, here's a lil' HOW-TO recipe video I shot the other day- one showing how I make an Italian Meatloaf...


I show it being cooking in a SOLAVORE solar over, but if using a conventional oven, you cook the dish at 350 for 30 minutes, then add sauce and oregano to the top, and cook for another 20 minutes. The ingredients in the video are very straight forward.



Enjoy.
   -Derek Diedricksen

If you might be interested in a Solavore oven- here's the link to check them out. I really enjoyed using this one, and love that it can cook more than one dish at once!